Look around you at the Earth and you'll see a world of genocide, mass murder, rape, neglect, infanticide, child abuse, sexual slavery, child sexual slavery, impoverishment, insanity, misery, death and slavery.
Who is responsible for this world? It's the people in it, the people who are psychotic and psychopathic, delusional and unfeeling. It isn't "economics" nor "technology" nor "physics" nor "human nature". Economics is what we make it, technology is sufficient, physics doesn't hinder us, and there is no single human nature.
Look around at the world, really look at it, and the only healthy response, the only response motivated by human feeling and reason, is hatred. Frustration with what it could be and deep loathing of what it is. And for this reason the only possible response to the people in this world, the people who make it the living hell it is today, is hatred too. Or just perhaps compassion. But never love.
One cannot love a world of misery unless one is greatly deranged. Nor can one love a world of masochists and sadists and psychotics and psychopaths without being deeply disturbed. One may freely hold hatred and contempt in one's heart, and when the planets align one may find compassion in it, but love of this world and communion with the people in it is nothing short of insanity.
Empathy and mental health do not mean that one is nice, polite, forgiving or accepting of one's fellow man. On the contrary, mental health in a sick world means that you regularly scream in rage and frustration, that one is "maladjusted" and "anti-social", that one hurls imprecations at the casual injustices of the world. And if this great swell of anger falls on other human beings then so be it.
No person can willingly take the pain of this world without being a martyr. And since martyrdom is a sign of insanity, no sane person can be a saint. What matters isn't sainthood but reason, empathy and justice. If you hate humanity for its shortfalls of reason, empathy and justice, then so be it.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Saturday, February 03, 2007
- I would not think that war solves every problems
- I would not make a laughingstock of myself by posturing
- I would shoot all obsequious yes-men
- I would not open my economy to competition with a slave holding state
- I would not consider the foundation of my industrial economy to be passé
- I would not confuse price with value
- I would not keep my colonies de-industrialized since they are my colonies and my power base
- I would execute every shill economist and political scientist working for the good of some privileged class at the expense of the good of my empire
- I would make an example out of anyone claiming my empire doesn't matter because the world is going to end within a few years
- I would deal with everyone regardless of their ideology, I am strong enough to let people think they are free while manipulating them for my uses
- I would execute the landed gentry, their existence demoralizes the workers who are the foundation of my empire