- Serpent In Paradise - LOTR for Atheists
- The Last Ring-bearer - LOTR for Scientists
- The Salvation War - Dante's Inferno for Atheists
- Methods of Rationality- Harry Potter for Atheists
- A Thin Veneer - Babylon 5 for Atheists
- His Dark Materials - Narnia for Atheists
The psychologically defining trait of atheism isn't the disbelief in all powerful aliens, it's the refusal to accord them any special status. What else is Humanism but the capacity to judge gods' actions by human standards and their existence by human reason.
Note that Babylon 5's Lorien functioned as a higher god to whom the mortals appealed the angels' and demons' misdeeds. B5 was incredibly medieval in its philosophy - not unexpected from an American.
Honourable mention is made to Magestic where the protagonist refuses to accept or bow down to the all powerful remorseless force of Destiny.